[AZ-Observing] Gas Shortage

  • From: "Stanley A. Gorodenski" <stan_gorodenski@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2003 17:30:54 -0800

I may be stranded in Phoenix, unable to get to my place near Prescott. I
called a few gas stations in the Prescott area.  One said there are some
stations out of gas, and another said there may be some in the future.
It appears the gas shortage is more widespread than Maricopa county, and
is something to be aware of when making a long distance trip for
observing, e.g., the cherry road star party next weekend(?). If not
planned right, it could be a one way trip. Does anyone have any more
information to confirm or invalidate the information I have?
Stan