[AZ-Observing] Garden Lakes Star Party

  • From: Jeff Hopkins <phxjeff@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 18:36:42 -0700

The star party last night at Garden Lakes was a success even though
most of the sky was clouded over. We had 8 telescopes set up and over
100 visitors.

Jupiter an Saturn got a good work out. Sometimes we had to wait until
the planet came out from behind a clod. We never got to see Orion or
any deep sky objects. It's too bad as Tuesday night was clear and the
party was originally scheduled for Tuesday. The weather forecast said
clear last night and I checked before leaving for the party. It was
sure not very clear. Still I think everyone had a good time.

Jeff
--
Jeff Hopkins
HPO SOFT

  Small minds speak about people * Average minds speak of events
************   Great minds speak of ideas!    ****************