[AZ-Observing] Re: Ganymede's Oval Shadow

  • From: Tom Polakis <tpolakis@xxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2011 14:44:13 -0400

Yes that sounds more correct.  Check out this Cassini image of Titan's shadow
on Saturn.

http://inapcache.boston.com/universal/site_graphics/blogs/bigpicture/cassini_05_21/s22_pia11648.jpg

The shadow becomes more distorted as it moves toward the terminator, even if
the terminator is directly below the observer.

Tom