[AZ-Observing] Re: [Fwd: Re: Re: Rapid motion binary stars]

  • From: "Dillinger, StephenX C" <stephenx.c.dillinger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 17:33:02 -0700

Steve,

I finally got around to looking at double star data in search of short
period visual doubles.  I found two candidates that, with steady seeing,
should be accessible.  In case you are interested they are:

REU 1   12:33.5 +0901, 12.6/12.6, 15.9 year period, max 1.2", min 0.2"

LDS 838 01:38.8 -1758, 12.45/12.95, 26.5 year period, max 2.3", min 0.3"

I haven't looked at either of these guys, I just found them recently
when I was trolling for data.  Obviously they are on the faint side.

Steve