[AZ-Observing] Re: [Fwd: Re: Re: Astronomy an unhealthy activity? NO! Light Pollution is Unhealthy!!]

  • From: billferris@xxxxxxx
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 19:11:49 -0400

Brian Skiff wrote:
>There could well be other effects of funny sleep cycles and so on,
>but that seems to vary greatly amongst individuals, from little effect
>to greatly debilitating physio/psychological problems (that would probably
>be there even without staying up late).
There are billions of people worldwide who suffer inconsistent or interrupted
sleep cycles. They are called "new parents." ;o)

I'm not aware of any research indicating that parents are less healthy or more
prone to cancer than the rest of society. In any event, these folks would look
at the sleep patterns of amateur astronomers with a large dollop of envy. I
know I did :o)

Regards,

Bill in Flagstaff