[AZ-Observing] Re: [Fwd: Re: Re: Astronomy an unhealthy activity? NO! Light Pollution is Unhealthy!!]

  • From: Brian Skiff <Brian.Skiff@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 17:02:20 -0700 (MST)

     There was a thread on this topic a couple months ago on the AAVSO
discussion-list.  Most of the responses dealt with problems related to
shift-work, where one is going back and forth between an ordinary
day schedule and a night schedule.  It is easy to imagine health problems
associated with that.  My response on this thread was the only one from
someone on a fixed and quite regular "very late" schedule:

http://mira.aavso.org/pipermail/aavso-discussion/2005-August/008878.html

...which doubtless convinced a lot of people I live an ascetic,
very hair-shirt-y existence and that I'm as strange as I seem to be.

\Brian