[AZ-Observing] Re: Fwd: Possible Virus

  • From: Thad Robosson <starstarcracker@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 22:17:21 -0700

SaguaroAstro@xxxxxxx wrote:

>Glad to hear it's just an overly zealous antispam program. You can't be too
>sure these days. Looks like he may have it set up for mail sent to groups as I
>haven't gotten the response back from the private email I sent him earlier.
>Better safe than sorry

But what's weird is that the message asks YOU to send a note to the
"program/service" that
you're a legit emailer.  That seems hokey to me.  Most anti spams have
the user set up what
can pass and what can't.  This may be another way to trap you into
"accepting" a virus or sending
out your email for more spam.  Regardless, I deleted it and did not
reply.  If it's a legit service,
it's a crappy way to do it....Besides,  I can always call Steve if it's
that important.

Thad