[AZ-Observing] Fwd: Outrage

  • From: Jeff Hopkins <phxjeffx@xxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 01:07:06 -0400 (EDT)

I thought this may be of interest.

-----Original Message-----
From: Kevin Schindler <kevin@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: phxjeffx <phxjeffx@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Tue, Sep 10, 2013 9:55 pm
Subject: RE: Outrage

Dear Jeff,
Thank you for your email.  To clarify a point that is muddled in the asteroid
story, the effort to name an asteroid after Trayvon Martin is that of an
individual, who in this case happens to be sole trustee of Lowell Observatory.
This effort is in no way endorsed by Lowell Observatory.
I have received notes like yours from other community members and am passing
them on to our director.
Thanks for your concerns, Kevin

Kevin Schindler
Outreach Manager