[AZ-Observing] Re: [Fwd: New Convention: The Pacific Astronomy and Telescope Show - September 13-14 2008]

  • From: Tom Polakis <tpolakis@xxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 11:22:21 -0400

---- gene lucas <geneluca@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> IMHO, this may well spell "the end" of RTMC at Camp Oakes, >as we know it<....

The way we know RTMC these days is a former telescope field completely taken
over by vendors in a dusty, ancient, outdoor venue.  Sure would be nice to see
the field become a star party site again.  Whether or not the telescopes are
home made makes no difference to me.

> So long to amateur telescope making.....
> FYI, there were very few amateur telescopes entered in the merit awards at
> RTMC this year...

There's one guy subscribed to this mailing list who presents an RTMC summary
show to SAC every year.  I bet he would be able to tell us exactly how many
telescopes entered the merit awards for the past 20 years or so.  What does the
"TM" in RTMC stand for again?

Tom