[AZ-Observing] Re: [Fwd: CHECK THIS RAINBOW!]

  • From: "Bernie Sanden" <bsanden@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 21:12:16 -0700

On June 24th 2006 at the Grand Canyon star party, I took this shot of a
circumhorizontal arc. It's not as dramatic as the Idaho shot but that
may be because I didn't pump up the saturation since I wanted to retain
the visual impression.  This shot was taken near Yavapai overlook at the
rim in the early afternoon:

http://www.pbase.com/bsanden/image/63187567

I know Brad Nevers from the Las Vegas club captured the same display,
but his www.starnevada.com site appears to be down.

- Bernie