[AZ-Observing] [Fwd: CHECK THIS RAINBOW!]

  • From: Stan Gorodenski <stan_gorodenski@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: AZ-Observing <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 12:41:02 -0700

I got this from Raul Espinoza. This is a fantastic image.  I'm not sure
if this image will go through in Az-Observing, but I will try with this
message.
Stan

THIS IS A FIRE RAINBOW - THE RAREST OF ALL NATURALLY OCCURING
ATMOSPHERIC PHENOMENA.

THE PICTURE WAS CAPTURED THIS WEEK ON THE IDAHO/WASHINGTON BORDER  THE
EVENT  LASTED ABOUT 1 HOUR

CLOUDS HAVE TO BE CIRRUS, AT LEAST 20K FEET IN THE AIR, WITH JUST THE
RIGHT AMOUNT OF ICE CRYSTALS AND THE SUN HAS TO HIT THE CLOUDS AT
PRECISELY 58 DEGREES.