[AZ-Observing] Re: Fw: TAAA event

  • From: "Wayne (aka Mr. Galaxy)" <mrgalaxy@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: evac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, haclist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, tucsonastronomy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 17:33:49 GMT

15480 Empire Rd.
Benson, AZ 85602
hm ph: 520-586-2244
Thanks, AJ,  for getting the word around on the various Arizona listservers
about the upcoming Astronomical League Convention (ALCon) to be held in Tucson
from 24-26 June 2010. It has been a long time since there has been an ALCon in
AZ and it promises to be a good one!
Although the ALCons always have a good slate of speakers with interesting
presentations, we in the southwest should have an excellent lineup to offer.
Tucson (and all of AZ, really) has an especially good selection of astronomical
sites for astro-tourists to see. Meeting people from around the country with
your same interest is a definite plus to these get-togethers which usually
attract a couple hundred attendees. There will be a good number of vendors to
visit, too.
As mentioned in the email below, a nice location on Tucson's east side has been
chosen for the main event of the ALCon, but it will be awhile before the agenda
is set so that if you're interesting in giving a presentation please contact
the organizers named in the email below.

Clear skies,
Wayne (aka Mr. Galaxy)
Chair, Western Region of the Astronomical League