[AZ-Observing] Re: Fw: 80 foot signs doting Mesa

  • From: "Stanley A. Gorodenski" <stan_gorodenski@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 16:14:05 -0800

Yesterday I got back from a trip to New Mexico. One thing I noticed
about Albuquerque that seems relevant to this discussion is that along
the two interstates (to the extent I traveled on them), I-40 and I-25,
there were none of the highly elevated signs gas stations and other
businesses put up at interstate exits to advertise there presence. I
assume this must be the result of a city ordinance banning such signs.
If so, it may be useful to those interested in the Mesa issue to find
out if it is an ordinance, the wording of it, and how they were able to
get it passed against the political power of  those wanting such signs.
Stan
p.s., it is now 'hailing' small pea sized snow balls up at Dewey. How nice.