[AZ-Observing] Re: Fun at Fred's Meadow

  • From: Paul Lind <pulind@xxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2013 17:00:47 -0400 (EDT)

Guys,

I've been following your biting emails from here in sunny Phoenix.  I
researched the effectiveness of repellants like DEET and other more potent
stuff for bugs. The consensus was that DEET is somewhat effective against
chiggers and definitely not effective against ticks. BUT, if you spray
Permethrin on your clothes, the bugs will virtually drop dead on contact.  It's
like Serin nerve gas for bugs.  The stuff comes in a pump spray bottle and is
only for clothing, so long pants are necessary.

Paul