[AZ-Observing] Re: Fun Pan-American Charter School Star Party

  • From: Jeff <phxjeff@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 11:36:41 -0700

I agree with Jack that last night's star party was great and a
surprise. The school is located behind a small shopping center on
Indian School and well hidden. The adults and students were great,
lots of good questions. Despite the two 10,000 Watt lights nearly
directly overhead in addition to the Moon and Jupiter we view M57, M31
and some open clusters. Having folks help cart the equipment back and
forth was a nice touch as we could not drive up close to the set up
area.
I hope the other two star parties this month workout as well.

Jeff

Hopkins Phoenix Observatory
Counting Photons
Phoenix, Arizona USA