[AZ-Observing] Re: Full Moon/Conjunction Grand Canyon Hike

  • From: BillFerris@xxxxxxx
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 09:47:52 EDT

Hi Bernie,

The China trips sounds like a great opportunity and adventure for your son.
Best of luck to him.

Thanks for sharing your pics from the night hike. I particularly like the
shot of Ryan sitting; under the full Moon lighting, it has an ethereal quality
to it. I also like the shots showing Sumner, Zoroaster and the northern half
of  the canyon. How hot was it on your night hike? Today, the forecast high is
for  97 at the South Rim and 120 at Phantom Ranch. Yikes!

Bill in Flag

In a message dated 7/4/2007 10:50:45 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
bsanden@xxxxxxx writes:
My son  Ryan is about to leave for a six-month China stay so we took  the
opportunity for a full moon hike down the South Kaibab trail in  the
Grand Canyon as a final father-son activity before he leaves.   The
Venus-Saturn conjunction was on display so I shot a few landscapes  using
my Canon 20D digital SLR.  Also took a few shots with  familiar
constellations displayed above the moonlit canyon  walls.

Here's the  link:

http://www.pbase.com/bsanden/grand_canyon_under_a_full_moon

-Bernie