[AZ-Observing] Re: Friday night observing

  • From: "Charlie & Anne" <c2h2a2r2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2008 15:38:05 -0700

The skies were cloudy as I was driving to Antennas, but I saw a clearing on
the western horizon. When I got there and hooked up with Steve Coe, there
was a large area that had cleared. Steve was worried that wind might ruin
the night. But as darkness fell, the sky kept clearing and the wind
subsided. By the end of astronomical twilight the Milky Way and the Zodiacal
Light were competing for best of show. It only got better and better, at
least until I pulled out a little after midnight. Steve wanted everyone to
know that we had fun, and he hopes someone else will join him out there
tonight.

Charlie W.