[AZ-Observing] Re: Flatiron tonight

  • From: SaguaroAstro@xxxxxxx
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2005 16:44:57 EDT

Ex-Jefe,

 My Geocache is in T-Bird park. If your heading out to FI tonite here  are
two good ones:

Sun Valley Sandy, Just north of I-1-0 on SV Pkwy @ N 33° 27.003 W 112°
40.383. Prety new  cache, so it has lots of good swag. Pretty easy to find as
well.
here is it's  cache page:
_http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=09c44799-70ed-4e85-a0b
2-e7356da9f146_
(http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=09c44799-70ed-4e85-a0b2-e7356da9f146)

Nearer to Flat Iron (about 4 mi  north off Vulture Mine Rd is Picnic Potluck
Cache: @
N 33° 43.630 W 112° 52.367. Mark your car  as a waypoint. It's easy to get
disoriented where this one is. Can't see the  road from there.  About 1.25 hike
through a wash from the road. A bit  harder than the other one but doable
without much problems.  Here is the  cache page:

_http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=f0203204-12e6-4f7d-a94
f-1f63971dbfa0_
(http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=f0203204-12e6-4f7d-a94f-1f63971dbfa0)

OK, now for the challenge to all you folks with GPSr's. Find My Cache next
Saturday before the Public Star Party.

Here is the cache page:
_http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=943be01f-60fe-4588-b5dd-75033a88bd9a_

(http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=943be01f-60fe-4588-b5dd-75033a88bd9a)

Hint: you can see the observing field from the cache.

If Geocaching piques your interest, learn more at: _www.geocaching.com_
(http://www.geocaching.com) .

Clear Skies

Rick Tejera

Editor  SACnews
Saguaro Astronomy Club
Phoenix,  AZ
SaguaroAstro@xxxxxxx
www.saguaroastro.org

In a message dated 4/9/2005 11:44:02 A.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
Telescoper@xxxxxxx writes:

I'll be seeing  you there too and bringing one of the smaller scopes. A guy is
driving out  from Fremont California to look at my electric bike and I'll have
my GPS to  try to find Rick T's geocache. We'll be doing just all kinds  of
stuff.

Jack Jones
Public Events Coordinator
Saguaro  Astronomy Club