[AZ-Observing] Re: Flatiron Saturday?

  • From: Padraig Houlahan <Padraig.Houlahan@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 16:57:26 -0700 ()

> Absolutely. From my house in N Central Phx, it's 75 miles to Cherry Rd, Flat
> Iron, or Vekol. Five years ago I could get the same skies only 50 miles away
> at Buckeye Hills. In another five years, assuming I don't move, I will
> probably have to drive a hundred.
>
> Jack

Actually, if it's linear growth, then the change ratio in
5 years implies having to go out 93 miles - not 100.

Just thought I'd try and cheer you up.

PH.

Calculation: change in last 5 years is

          Pi x 75 x 75
        - Pi x 50 x 50

        = Pi x 3125 sq mi.

This means in another 5 years the boundary is defined by

        Pi x 75 x 75   + Pi x 3125

                = Pi x 8750

                = Pi x 93 x 93

--