[AZ-Observing] Re: Flat Iron last night......Drag Racing.....

  • From: "Thad Robosson" <starstarcracker@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 06:44:49 -0700

> After Moon-up, I ran into the same enclave on 355th Ave near Ind Sch Rd,
> almost literally - I had to stand on the brakes and a car with the brights
> on came at me and never dimmed; I thought it was an accident scene, but it
> was about 20 cars and 50 or so 'young people' poss. getting up a drag race
> with walkie talkies to signal a clear road, that was my impression.

Hello all,

OK, I've got to chime in here....but please, Please, PLEASE, don't assume
that I'm pointing fingers, blaming, or questioning anyone.

It really bothers me that nearly a dozen observers would have driven past
all that mess and yet not one person has come forward and mentioned that
they actually called 911 to report it.  (I cannot assume that no one did,
but if you did, please let the rest of us know.)  I realize that some have
understandable explainations for not doing so, but I also believe that at
least one of that group would've had a cell phone in easy reach with which
to call the authorities.  As someone who has used "the system" to thwart
druggies trying to sell stolen goods, a man brandishing a shotgun on a roof,
a kidnapping, and a drunk driver, I can assure you that a simple phone call
to 911 would have been extremely effective at stopping that nonsense
quickly.  You may have even saved someone's life by doing so.  (my motive
for 3 of the above instances)

Coming down from the soapbox now, sincere apologies for the off topic post.
Please direct all flames to me personally, not the group.

Thad