[AZ-Observing] Re: Flagstaff nighttime cloudiness/sky brightness

  • From: "Dan Heim" <dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 08:24:10 -0700

Good call Brian.  I ran the regression again, this time omitting the first
two (high) data points.  The result ...

http://www.heimhenge.com/downloads/regression-2.jpg

is indeed a horizontal line for best fit.  Curiously, the correlation goes
to zero now (at least to the two significant figures computed).  That tells
us that what we have is essentially a random data set.  Not surprising for
weather trends.  Still, it does seem like I cancel observing more often
these days.  It would be interesting to run this analysis using data for the
Maricopa County area, where all of my cancellations happened.

Dan Heim
DFAC President
http://www.dfacaz.org