[AZ-Observing] First image using Pixinsight (The Trifid Nebula - M20)

  • From: "Bernard Miller" <bgmiller011@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2013 14:40:36 -0700

Hi,

Due to the monsoon here in Arizona I have not caught a photon since late
June. I am using that time to try and learn Pixinsight. Below is a link to
my first Pixinsight image. I actually used both Pixinight and Photoshop, but
most of the processing was done in PI.

http://www.azstarman.net/M20_CLOSE.htm

You can compare it to the version I did with just Photoshop here

http://www.azstarman.net/M20_PS.htm

For those of you that use PI, any comments or suggestions would be welcomed.
Sometimes it feels like you need  PhD in image processing to use PI so I am
still learning and would appreciate any tips from the experts.

Thanks,

Bernard