[AZ-Observing] First Time in Dark Skies

  • From: "Mark Wyzenbeek" <markwyz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 16:42:18 -0700

I'd like to thank Joe and Andrew for a great novice meeting Saturday.
Billie left early, so I enjoyed a 2 to 1 experienced to novice ratio.
Much was learned.  Most importantly, I learned what those "concentric
rings", when star testing collimation, are supposed to look like.  I had
a different picture in my head.  We had a few holds for clouds but most
of the time there was something to observe.  I saw the orion nebula for
the first time and then found it in my own 'scope.  I also saw comet
Machholz and a galaxy.  I looked at Saturn too but I've seen that from
my back yard.  I'll be out again.

Mark