[AZ-Observing] Re: Fires in the Northland

  • From: "Stanley A. Gorodenski" <stan_gorodenski@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 22:20:15 -0800

The Cherry road fire is a prescribed burn. Its plume was so heavy that it formed
clouds at the top of them. This lasted until about 3 pm. Then it subsided
significantly and by 6 pm there was very little smoke. It was hard to believe
these
were prescribed burns because in the morning it looked like the fire was racing
to the
top of one of the mountains. In the morning I took a ride east from my place
near
Dewey to get a closer look. The smoke plume was pretty substantial looking from
the
Cherry Road Observing site and was about 5 miles west of the site. The plume
was of
various colors: brown, black, and white.
Stan