[AZ-Observing] Re: Fireball? Iridium Flare?

  • From: "Mike Loftus" <mikeloftus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 12:00:31 -0700

Wow is right!  At 5:41 pm while driving east at Stanford and 44th street,
right in
front of me I saw a very bright, and very large fire ball.  It looked due
east
to me, coming down right over the top of Camelback mountain streaking near
straight
down perhaps not too far east of Scottsdale.  The leading edge appeared
straight with
a tail 30 degrees long.  Most of the center was bright white and the edges
appeared
yellow to orange.  Very cool!

Mike