[AZ-Observing] Re: Fee Demo

  • From: "Stanley A. Gorodenski" <stan_gorodenski@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2003 10:59:19 -0800

Thanks for the alert Jeff. I've lived in Arizona since 1958 and do not want
to see it over regulated like some states (e.g., California). I doubt fees
have much of an impact on maintaining our public lands and would do more to
restrict than to encourage public use as well as enlarging or creating
another beaurocracy. I do not see where public use fees, in general, do much
good other than to satisfy our inclination to regulate and create a
completely safe and secure environment. For example, I find it very
desireable to be able to drive to most any place in arizona and pull off the
road to camp out without having to do so in established camp grounds. This
movement to make permanent and increase the fee amount is probably more
influenced by the current and future expected effects of the Bush tax cuts
(reduced revenue), and his propensity for huge deficit spending rather than
maintaining our public lands.
Stan