[AZ-Observing] Re: Faint nebulosities surrounding M42

  • From: "Frank Martin" <fmartin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 08:20:03 -0700

Jon, beautiful shot!  Great job.  I tried shooting it also with my E210 and
my ST8E.  I was taking 120 sec. exposures and got so much bleeding from the
bright stars (which most of them are) that I can't even use it.  How long
exposures did you use to stack and is your 1100 an anti-blooming camera?  My
ST8E is not an anti-blooming.  I could only run 15 sec. without getting
blooming that would wipe out the whole picture, but if I only run 15 sec. I
get way to much noise to use them.

Thanks,
Frank Martin