[AZ-Observing] FW: You're Invited to Party with the Stars!

  • From: Steve D. <fester00@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: AZ Observing <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 05:08:38 -0700

FYI.  Erik is building an observatory on campus as his Eagle Scout project.
Come join us and show your support!

Steve Dodder
Chairman, SAC Novice Group
Coordinator, Grand Canyon Star Party, North Rim
Director, Stone Haven Observatory

fester00@xxxxxxxxxxx

http://www.stonehavenobservatory.com

Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 20:36:21 -0700
From: erikfavreau@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: You're Invited to Party with the Stars!
To: fester00@xxxxxxxxxxx; dcgarlick@xxxxxxx; jeklem@xxxxxxx;
daveandjo99@xxxxxxxxxxx
CC: keithfavreau@xxxxxxxxx; Dwirth@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Greetings; The Millennium High School Astronomy Club is holding its first
annual public star party!  It will be held in the NW corner of the campus, near
the agricultre barn, next Wednesday, May 16th.  In addition to handing out
flyers at the school, we are advertising in the West Valley View's 9 Day
Calendar, delivered tomorrow.  There should be a good turnout and clear skies
with no moon.  You can help our efforts by coming out with your telescope and
 share the sky with your neighbors.  Here is the itinerary:7:00 - 7:30pm
Set-up7:30 - 8:00pm     Presentation, "What's Up in the Night Sky Tonight"8:00
- 9:30pm     Viewing Venus, Mars, Saturn, galaxies, nebula, clusters9:30 -
10:00pm   Tear-downIn addition to your telescope, we will have the school's 10"
SCT and our 8" SCT.  There is a possiblity that members of the Saguaro
Astronomy Club will bring some of
 their scopes as well. We will also have a "Pluto Walk" (similar to Lowell
Observatory's) to keep younger kids engaged.  It should be a fun time and a
good excuse to get your scope out.  If you aren't up to bringing your scope,
come out anyway and share your knowledge.  Please RSVP affirmative or negative
so we can plan accordingly.  If you have any questions, please call me at
 602-826-0471. Thanks,Erik P.S. Feel free to forward this to whomever you think
may be interested. The school's address is 14802 W. Wigwam Blvd  Googyear, AZ
85395 14802 W. Wigwam Blvd.  Goodyear, AZ 85395