[AZ-Observing] FW: Saguaro Astronomy Club meeting Fri. Jan. 28th 7:30pm

  • From: <kellerjt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <AZ-Observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 10:39:21 -0600

(This is a repost of yesterday's message--sorry for any duplication if =
it is. . .jtp)

You're all invited to our inaugural 2005 SAC meeting:

We meet at the Grand Canyon University--Fleming Building.  Camelback to =
_33rd_ Avenue, North on 33rd Avenue which is the entrance to the =
university.  Fleming is the last building on the right but you may have =
to detour around some other buildings if there is still construction =
there.  (Ask the guard at the gate for directions if necessary.)

Our speaker this month is Ted Dunham from Lowell Observatory.  I promise =
it is a lecture you will kick yourself if you miss.

He will talk about the status of the Discovery Channel Telescope--the =
4.2 meter scope/collaborative project between Lowell and Discovery =
Communications-- an incredible endeavor including active optics and a 2 =
degree prime focus camera.

And he will update us on the progress of the Sofia Project.  =
Sofia=3DStratospheric Observatory for Infrared Astronomy, a Boeing 747 =
Astro-plane!

Hoping to see you 'all there.

Jennifer Polakis, VP
Saguaro Astronomy Club   =20