[AZ-Observing] Re: Eyepieces

  • From: stevecoe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2010 17:11:37 -0500

Ken;

The one I had was used in my C 11, but it still was a mediocre eyepiece at
best.  I saw the outer 20% of the field of view was noticeably brighter
than the main central field.  I don't know if it was a poorly blackened
edge of the eyepiece or just a poor design.  Either way, I sold it off
rather quickly and have since heard from several other people that this
defect in the Stratus is obvious in many of these eyepieces.

The good news is that the Ethos buying spree has released lots of Panoptic
22mm eyepieces and other Televues on the used market.

Hope that helps;
Steve Coe