[AZ-Observing] Re: Eyepiece-Telescope Match

  • From: DBogan3220@xxxxxxx
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2011 20:19:50 EDT

Depends on what you are observing. If its the planets the AP SPL's no
longer available seem to work well on the moon and the planets, Same for  the
Zeiss Abbe II eyepieces again no longer available. For deep Sky I use the
13mm and 17mm Ethos I also have a set of Naglers that I use for deep sky as
well. Any of the modern designed eyepieces seem to work well with the
Takahashi  and AP scopes. Same for the scopes from TEC and Stellarvue.

Dwsight

In a message dated 6/7/2011 2:07:52 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
stanlep@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Just out  of curiosity, is there any kind of eyepiece that works best
with APO  refractors? In other words, if the APO is good, will the image
stay sharp  to the edge whether one uses an Orthogonal, Televue, Plossel,
etc.?
Stan