[AZ-Observing] Re: Eyepiece rubber eye guards

  • From: Dan Heim <dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 22:17:58 -0700

I agree, and have never liked them. If you're observing in a
sufficiently dark area, what purpose do they serve? If you're not, find
a sufficiently dark area. If you can't, and you live where lighting is a
problem, they may have some limited value, but I've always preferred
just using my hands (and sometimes a towel) to block annoying ambient
light. Those "eye guards" always messed with my eye relief.
Dan