[AZ-Observing] Eyepiece Comparison

  • From: "Stanley A. Gorodenski" <stan_gorodenski@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2003 19:25:29 -0800

Based on my last messages concerning the image of Mars, I would like to
see how my 20 year (or so) old orthoscopic Meade purchased (they do not
have Meade stamped on them) eyepieces compare with current technology
ones. If anyone is planning on attending the September 20 Cherry Road
star party and has around a 25 mm and 16 mm eyepieces of current
technology and would be willing to test my eyepieces against what you
have please let me know if you will be attending. You can send me a
private message. To be comparable, the focal length of your telescope
should be near that of mine, an f15. I would think an f11 would be close
enough to give me an idea of whether the current technology eyepieces
would do a better job on my telescope than the ones I have.
Stan