[AZ-Observing] Estate sale

  • From: Steve D. <fester00@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: AZ Observing <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2010 15:44:20 -0700

I had the pleasure of helping a gentleman with terminal cancer learn how to use
his telescope this summer.  He passed away on Sunday, and his surviving mother
asked if I would sell his scope for her.  It's a Meade Model 4500 114mm F/8
newt on the deluxe aluminum mount.  After I adjusted it, it gives really
excellent views of the Moon and planets.  (I had it out last night and even in
the wind, it performed well.)
It would be a great beginner scope for any of the novices I've introduced to
astronomy over the last year or so, or a nice Xmas gift.  It comes with a Meade
MA25mm ep, a Celestron 9mm Ortho ep, instruction manual, and a planisphere.
I'm asking $100, (the 9mm ep has a price tag on it of $64.50 alone), for his
mother.
Please email me off list below, or call me at 602-390-0118.

Steve Dodder
Chairman, SAC Novice Group
Coordinator, Grand Canyon Star Party, North Rim
Director, Stone Haven Observatory

fester00@xxxxxxxxxxx

http://www.stonehavenobservatory.com