[AZ-Observing] Re: Ephemeris and Map for 2005 YU55

  • From: Tim Jones <tjmac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2011 08:14:25 -0700

Bob and I set up in his backyard in N Phoenix while our wive's settled in for a
chuckle at the two dunderheads chasing a pinprick of light through the clouds.
We were able to find and track it from around 6:56 until 7:30 when the clouds
finally won out over the stars.  The JPL JNOW ephemeris info was dead on and
some simple manual adjustments allowed us to successfully follow if easily in a
25MM eyepiece on Bob's 9.25"

Oh, and Jupiter was quite nice, too...

Tim