[AZ-Observing] El Nino--phooey

  • From: stevecoe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: "az-observing@fre" <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2010 01:49:10 -0500 (EST)

Ok, I have had enough;

While driving into Phoenix from Wickenburg on Friday afternoon it was nice
to see the desert so green.  Lots of growing bushes and I got to thinking
about how pretty the flowers on the saguaros will be in a couple of
months.  Being a long time member of the Saguaro Astonomy Club, it will be
great to see our namesake in blossum.

However, being the owner of a new (at least new to me) 9.25 inch Celestron
SCT, I would like a chance to USE my new scope, for at least a few nights.
 I am certain that people in Flagstaff would like to get a chance to rest
from shoveling snow and maybe view some stars.

I am sitting in my RV writing this and the sound of the rain on the roof
is quite loud.

This whole "El Nino" thing has got to stop;
Steve Coe