[AZ-Observing] Re: Eclipse Photo and a Time-Lapse Sequence

  • From: Michael Collins <cal_donley@xxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2014 22:44:48 -0700

On 04/15/14 20:25, Tom Polakis wrote:
> A better sequence would fix on the shadow, but registering those frames is a
> task for another day.

  Don't know that I got a better sequence, but my sequence (mostly)
tracks the shadow. I had to do a meridian flip shortly after the end of
totality which changed the framing considerably. I may realign those
frames some other night. There's also a minor gap where a couple of
exposures were missed between U3 and U4.

http://tmckepsj.org/files/2014-04-15_102f7_550D.gif

  Explore Scientific ES 102, Canon T2i. ISO 200, 1/250 second before and
after totality, 2 s between U2 and U3, approximately 100 seconds between
exposures.

  I haven't done anything with the pictures from my XTi with a 100 mm
lens. Also haven't analyzed video to see if any of the 11th magnitude
stars which were occulted are visible. I know I missed the 10th
magnitude occultation when a couple of the kids came out to take a look.

                                -- Mike --
--
cal_donley@xxxxxxx