[AZ-Observing] Re: Eagle Eye this past Sat.

  • From: brett watson <brett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2002 07:22:50 -0700

--On Tuesday, July 09, 2002 06:46 -0700 Thad Robosson
<starstarcracker@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Higher powers would be ok on a EQ, but I figure that a dob driver
> has half the observing time  due to the constant movement and correction
> process.

you just need a Dob Driver II.  works wonderfully, then you don't have to
rush to change EPs at high power :)  the DD2 takes a bit to get on the
correct speed/track for an object but once you get it (at low power) you're
set to go high-power and stay right on track.  and i've found that once i
track 1-2 objects, i can usually center just about anything within 90
degrees of the last object and just track the new one automatically.

-b

messages.  Thanks.