[AZ-Observing] Re: Eagle Eye this past Sat.

  • From: StanFM@xxxxxxx
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2002 10:02:53 EDT

My two cents worth on the Dob Driver...  I installed one on my scope, no
problems and have used it for a few years now.  However, I found that there
was something missing in my observing with it... that is, the experience of
manipulating the tube by hand. I can't articulate it very well, but I can
enjoy looking for and find things so much easier by grabbing and moving the
scope vs. motoring around by buttons.  That may be just me, but as a result I
often disconnect the driver unless I am on one object for sketching, high
power, etc.  It sounds like the platforms would be the best of both worlds...
steady viewing but still hands-on.  The LX-ers may not understand what I'm
talking about.  But with the dob, there is a tactile connection missing with
the Dob Driver.
Stan F.

messages.  Thanks.