[AZ-Observing] Re: [EVACONLINE] Naming of Asteroid

  • From: Scott Tannehill <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Amy Amsden <amy_amsden@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 16:15:06 -0700

Amy, I'm sorry my comment "Ok, thanks. So, we're done?... (smiley face)" so
enraged you that you felt compelled to call me a jackass.
Seriously?

The Lowell note below clarified that the plan to name the asteroid below was
not 'official' which was what the fervor here was about. I figured, the thread
was done. Which, is good for a thread that wasn't really astronomy related and
was never really a real issue anyway.

Why did that so enrage you? Really, what part of those six words tipped you
over the edge?  Compared to some of the much more polarizing comments in
earlier posts regarding this thread? Were you angry that I expressed some
relief that we had put the issue to rest?

And, really, do you think adding your flame to another forum, the az-list
(since this thread was EVAC-online originally) really helps?

Happy to continue this love-fest on both forums if you like, so I'll CC both
forums on this.

Scott