[AZ-Observing] Re: [EVAC]Five Mile Meadow Star Party

  • From: AJ Crayon <acrayon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: evac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, AZ Observing <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 20:26:17 -0700

I'm taking liberty to include AZ observing on this message as it should quite
informative for many.

Thom's correct.  Cell phones won't work at the site, I wasn't able to get
anything but something like no connection implying no roaming or even extended
coverage.  Walked around for several minutes and still no change.

What was discovered is that there's fairly decent coverage (extended coverage)
in the parking lot for the gas station and restaurant near Clint's Well.  You
might try a stop there to make the last call before going to the site.  Also
stop there on way home to make first call sounds like good idea also.

Clear skies,
aj