[AZ-Observing] Re: [EVAC] Aurora: Final Photographic Results

  • From: gene lucas <geneluca@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cschur@xxxxxxxxxx, AZ-Observing <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, EVAC ASTRO <evac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 21:31:12 -0700

Thanks for alerting us and sharing the info about this display, Chris.
Your remarks about the time of fading would partially explain why I
didn't see much from my north-facing balcony here in Fountain Hills,
somewhat later in the evening.  (Not to mention all the holiday lights
this time of year.....)

I missed the big display a couple of years ago in similar fashion.  My
Canadian friend, Hugh Grant and I were observing with his 12 inch LX200
in his backyard observatory (in NW Fountain Hills), went inside for a
break, and when we came out and I pulled out of his north-facing
driveway about 1-1/2 hours later, whatever display we >might< have seen
was all over.....
Gene Lucas
Fountain Hills, AZ