[AZ-Observing] Draconids are a bust

  • From: stevecoe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: "az-observing@fre" <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 00:24:37 -0400

Howdy all;

There have been several articles on the Internet and in magazines about
the calculation that there will be a meteor shower from the north.  It was
centered around Oct. 8th and the best views were to be had in Europe.
With that in mind, I have made time to look for meteors over the past
three nights, even with an 80% illuminated Moon.

I have seen exactly three meteors that appeared to come from the north.
None of them were long or bright.  Actually, there were two nice bright
meteors that came from the south.  Both were 45 degrees long and about
first magnitude.  Oh well, anyone else see anything?

Clear skies;
Steve Coe