[AZ-Observing] Dr. Margaret Geller Speaking in Sun City West

  • From: Chuck Akers <akersc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: AZ Observing <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 00:24:04 -0800 (PST)

Jim Crisman, President, Sun City West Astronomy Club, has asked me to announce
that Dr. Margaret Geller, Senior Scientist at the Smithsonian Astrophysical
Observatory will be speaking Thursday, December 20 th @ 7:00 pm in the Coyote
Room 14495 R.H. Johnson Blvd. Sun City West.
http://www.geocities.com/scwac/map.htm  Jim has arranged for an extra room for
this event and says that there should be enough space (no pun intended) for
anyone wishing to attend.

   Program: "So Many Galaxies.....So Little Time"
   Dr. Geller is an astrophysicist who maps the Universe, and gives us a new
understanding of the structure and origins of our Universe.  She has made two
award-winning films about her work.
   Dr. Geller is a member of the National Academy of Sciences, and of the
American Academy of Arts and Sciences.  She also has a long resume of honorary
degrees, prestigious awards, fellowships and memberships.