[AZ-Observing] Re: Double stars for seeing test

  • From: "William R Wood" <wmrwood@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 17:44:47 -0700

Steve,

I think the lists you want are available at:
ftp://ftp.lowell.edu/pub/bas/seeing.vis
and ftp://ftp.lowell.edu/pub/bas/dbls.fil

However, in reality, most amateurs use the Pickering scale to judge seeing.
In the interests of consistency I use:
http://uk.geocities.com/dpeach_78/pickering.htm which shows an animation of
the various levels and allows folks to work from the same reference point.

Regards

Bill Wood