[AZ-Observing] Re: Dew this weekend in the High Country

  • From: Paul Dickson <dickson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 10:59:21 -0700

On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 07:14:44 -0700, Steve Coe wrote:

> Folks;
>
> Just a quick reminder, if the clouds do go away for this weekend, after some
> rain it might be "dewey" at the 5 Mile Meadow site.  So consider how you
> would set up your scope to be able to continue observing.  A homemade dewcap
> of cardboard is better than nothing.  I have a 12V hair dryer that I bought
> at the truck stop.  If you have rarely used dew removal gear from Kendrick,
> then break it out.  While observing, be careful of breathing on your
> eyepieces.

While it can't hurt to be prepared, but I doubt there was much, if any,
rain that far north of Phoenix.  I haven't seen it on the dopler radar
(but then I have been watching the images from Williams Gateway Airport,
which has several mountains blocking that area).

Much of the moisture is being blown to the east (see the water vapor
satellite images).

        -Paul