[AZ-Observing] Deems Hills Community Park

  • From: "Thom/TFW" <mthomj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 22:50:07 -0700

This in the mail....now since I live on the Northwest side off Happy Valley, do
I really want lighted basketball/volleyball courts, lighted soccer field. I
don't think so! It should effect the SAC outings at Thunderbird Park.

City of Phoenix

Public Meeting Open House
Deems Hills Community Park

The Phoenix Parks and Recreation Department is hosting a Public Open House for
citizens to view the preliminary site plan of a new future community park to be
built in Northwest Phoenix. The 40-acre Deems Hills Park will be located North
of Happy Valley Road on Deems Hills Parkway. The site plan will consist of a
children's playground, security lighting, sidewalks, parking lot, open space
area, restroom area, lighted basketball/volleyball courts, lighted soccer
field, dog park, ramada and other park amenities. Construction funding
available at this time is $2.3 million dollars for Deems Hills Park. Funding
for this project is from the 2001 Parks Bonds and Impact Fees.

Please join us at:
Goelet A.C.Beuf Community Center
3435 W. Pinnacle Peak Road
Wednesday, February 1, 2006

For further information please call (602) 262-5052

"Wisdom denotes the pursuing of the best ends by the best means" Francis
Hutchenson a Scot philosopher

Thom Walczak
www.siriuslookers.org