[AZ-Observing] Daylight Naked Eye Jupiter Sightings

  • From: <jimmy_ray@xxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 15:34:29 -0800

Was able to pick out Jupiter naked eye today at 16:23. I used a small pair of
7x21 binos to find it, moved to where Jupiter was just off the corner of a
nearby wall in the bino field of view, then pulled the binos away. Once I
picked it up naked eye , I could move and pick it out at will. Tomorrow, I'll
try this approach and see if "full" broad daylight is possible.

For me, that now makes Venus and Jupiter I have done, naked eye in the broad
daylight. Don't know if any others are even possible. I'm sure someone in this
group knows.

Jimmy Ray