[AZ-Observing] Re: DLSR Focusing

  • From: "Jimmy Ray" <jimmy_ray@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 06:56:43 -0700

In investigating "hartman masks" I came accross an article that goes into
additional methods (the star trailing looks interesting) in addition to a
mask. Here's the link
http://www.astropix.com/HTML/I_ASTROP/FOCUS/METHODS.HTM . Additionally,
another website discussed having a single triangular hole above and  in
between the two round holes on the hartman mask This is supposed to allow
the user to know if focus need to be moved "in" or "out". That link was:
http://cometman.com/Mask.html.
This has been a very inlightening discussion and I'm feeling good about the
results from it. Now I need to get some (more) stuff, build some stuff and
actually get out in the back yard and try it! Thanks to everyone for the
advise that has been presented so far. Really diverse and great...(feel free
to keep adding)

Jimmy Ray