[AZ-Observing] Curt Taylor's Estate Sale

  • From: "Steve Coe" <stevecoe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Paul Knauth" <knauth@xxxxxxx>,"Rick Scott" <rmscott@xxxxxxx>,"SAC Announce" <SAC-Announce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2002 07:06:08 -0700

Hello All;

Please forgive me if you have received this more than once.

I am planning to hold an estate sale at my house tomorrow (Sunday).  My wife
will be at work in the afternoon, so I will have all this equipment laid out
from Noon to 4:00 PM and available for your inspection.  Please bring a check
book and write all checks to "Rusty Taylor", Curt's son.

My house is located near 7th Street and Thunderbird Road.  From the corner of
7th Street and Thunderbird, go north on 7th Street, pass through the light at
Hearn and take the next right on Rowlands.  There is a car repair shop on that
corner, Moon Valley Motor Care.  Go east on Rowlands and cross 10th Street,
there is a stop sign on that corner.  My house is on the right side of
Rowlands, just east of 10th Street.  The address is 1011 E. Rowlands Lane.
Phone:  602-789-7786.

If you plan to attend, please send me an email to that effect.  I would like to
know that someone is going to show up.

Print out this price list if you plan to attend, so that you will have the
prices available.  Bring that checkbook if possible, I can take cash and I will
pass it on to Rusty.  He wanted to say "thank you" to everyone who buys and
enjoys any of Curt's equipment.

Hope to see ya there;
Steve Coe

6" f/15 Jaegers folded refractor  $900
A unique scope, built by Curt and I, there are two boxes for this lens, one
from pine, another box from oak.  The folding mirror is a 3.1 inch elliptical
mirror. Includes a small finder scope, dew shield and 1.25" focuser.  Provides
excellent views of the Moon and planets.  Curt and I tested it on several close
double stars and this is a very good lens with text book Airy disks during good
seeing.  It is an achromat, so there is a small amount of color fringe on
bright objects.

7" f/15 LX 50 Meade Maksutov-Cassegrain  $1200
This is a virtual double of the scope that has been in my roll off roof
observatory for the past 4 years.  Curt and I set up these two instruments side
by side on several good nights and they both provide excellent images at high
powers.  The amount of detail on the Moon or Jupiter is stunning when the
seeing is steady.  This scope includes a sturdy tripod, an equatorial wedge, a
latitude adjuster and Telrad finder.

Meade German Equatorial Mount  $500
This is the mount that Meade includes with 8 inch Newtonian telescopes.  Curt
sold the tube assembly so only the mount is included in this deal.  Curt was
planning to use this mount to drive the folder refractor.  It is the 1 inch
shaft version of the standard Meade mount.  It includes a counter weight, pier,
shaft encoders and Magellan II electronic finder system.

Binocular viewing stand  $100
This is the style of viewer that includes a mirror so that a binocular user can
set this on a table, bolt on the binocs and view comfortably down toward the
mirror and see the sky overhead.

Ad Astra 80mm Maksutov Spotting Scope  $100
Max Bray's compact spotting scope, includes diagonal.

Small German Equatorial mount $90
ATM special, no tripod, manual drive.  Missing declination shaft, but in good
shape.  It does have counter weights, you just need to find or machine a shaft
to thread into the equatorial head.

Tasco Binoculars  12X25  $20

Bushnell Binoculars  7X35  $20

2 photo tripods  $20 each

Adjustable speed motor control electronics Meade  $50

90 degree diagonal 1.25 inch  $10

"red dot" finder  $10

Camera filters
46mm close up lenses +1, +2  $5
46mm Skylight  $5
52mm Skylight  $5

Cheshire Collimating Eyepiece  $10
Pinhole collimating eyepiece  $5
1.25 inch EP extension tube  $5
Dakin Barlow 2X  $50
5X Powermate  $75
16mm Brandon EP  $50
12mm Brandon EP  $50
8mm Brandon EP  $50
4 Brandon filters:  blue, green, orange, yellow  $25
25mm Celestron Plossl  $35
25mm Celestron SMA  $25
25mm Meade MA  $25
16mm Jaegers Plossl (5/8") $25
10.4mm Televue Plossl  $50
9mm University Plossl  $35
7mm GC Ortho  $25
adjustable eyepiece with diopter markings $15

$2 Specials
2 inch to 1.25 inch adaptor
small plastic EP holder
"wing" eyecup
magnifier lens
adaptor plate
finderscope rings for 6x30
3 flashlights
clamping tube straps for 6 inch, 8 inch and 10 inch scopes

messages.  Thanks.